If you grew up in Australia then you likely know about Bounty Bars. They are a deliciously creamy coconut bar inside enrobed in milk chocolate. These are far too sweet for my palate now and although I did not know at the time are full of sugar and junk. So, of course, I had to bring them back into my life again – only upgraded!
Yes, my favorite bar got a healthy make-over and I couldn’t be more happy with the results! With just four ingredients to make up the inside of the bar and the outside enrobed in my five ingredients, Sugar-Free Raw Dark Chocolate Bar theses bonbons are the perfect healthy treat!
I love a treat, so having the homemade ones that don’t spike my blood sugar (I test my postprandial glucose with my glucometer) devoid of junk that is present in store-bought treats is a must in my life! Popping one out of the fridge after dinner is a way for us to still enjoy a decadent chocolatey coconut treat while we continue to thrive and feel amazing! These are worthy of any celebration or dinner gathering too, as they look (and taste) spectacular when you bite into them.
- 240g 1 Cup Coconut Butter, melted
- 200g 2 Cups Desiccated Coconut
- 3g ½ tsp Unrefined Salt
- 28 Drops of Liquid Stevia
- 1 x Recipe Sugar-Free Raw Dark Chocolate Bar, melted for dipping
- In a large bowl, add in all of the ingredients, except the melted chocolate. Using a spatula, ensure ingredients are well combined.
- Prepare a baking paper lined tray or large plate that will fit into the freezer.
- Using a tablespoon or a small ice cream scoop, shape the dough into a ball using your hands and place onto the tray. Repeat this process.
- Place the balls into the freezer for 5-10 minutes, or until firmly set.
- Remove from the freezer, and dip each ball into the chocolate using a fork and place them onto the baking paper lined tray. Repeat this process until all balls are covered in chocolate.
- Place them back into the freezer to set up for approx. 10 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from the freezer and dip the bonbons into the melted chocolate one last time. If the chocolate is thickening up too much gently warm it back up again.
- Freeze the balls for a final 10 minutes or until set.
Storage: In an airtight sealed container in the fridge for up to three weeks, or more.