Tis the season! If ever there was a delicious bread that envelopes all of the Autumn/ Winter cosy upcoming holiday feels it’s this bread right here! When I created this recipe originally I didn’t include the choc-chunks and it fast became a fam and friends favourite. Now, with the addition of the choccy chunks I gotta say, it’s next level! Hahaha 🙂
We start baking this bread each year usually before Halloween and continue baking it through Thanksgiving (I married a Canadian!), Christmas and all of the holidays. The kiddos love it and so do we with the perfect moist pumpkin spiced bread texture and pops of deep delicious dark chocolate – I hope this will be a fam fav in your home too! The smell from your kitchen when you make this will be amazing with the aroma’s bound to get you excited for the holiday season.
For the chocolate, we make my raw sugar free dark chocolate bars (HERE) ahead of time and chop them up in this recipe, or if you want to skip this step buy a dark (70% or higher is even better) chocolate that is sugar free (sweetened with stevia or lo han guo/ monk fruit or erythritol). As usual, my bread is grain free, sugar free and dairy free, however as you will discover there’s zero compromise on flavour or texture if you follow my steps and weighted ingredients exactly below! It’s truly such a fluffy bread, as evidenced in my pictures above. My absolute favourite way to eat this bread is a slice toasted in the toaster with a smear of cashew butter on it paired with a cuppa’ herbal tea – off the charts! It’s so yummy. If you make it PLEASE tag me on Instagram, as I love seeing your photos! Enjoy! x
- 235g 1 Cup Unsweetened Pumpkin Puree (Canned)
- 210g 4 Large Eggs
- 105g 1 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 100g ¾ Cup Chopped Dark Choc*
- 50g ½ Cup Powdered Organic (Non-GMO) Erythritol**
- 50g ¼ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 38g ⅓ Cup Arrowroot
- 15g 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 9g 2 tsps Baking Soda
- 11g 1½ Tbsps Pumpkin Spice Powder***
- 3g ½ tsp Real Salt
- Preheat oven to 180C / 356F.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper (very important so it won’t stick – greasing doesn’t work as well.) Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix all wet ingredients.
- Whisk dry bowl into wet bowl. Stir until well combined into a batter.
- Fold into the batter chocolate chunks.
- Pour bread batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 mins. After the first 15 minutes you will need to cover the bread with foil loosely so that the top doesn’t burn.
- Allow bread to completely cool on a wire rack before slicing (this is most important so that it retains its structure!).
* I use 1 x recipe of my raw sugar free chocolate, see my recipe HERE OR use a sugar free vegan chocolate with the sweeteners I recommend to keep this bread ‘sugar free’ listed above.
** You can powder your own erythritol in a blender. For this recipe you will need to powder ¼ Cup erythritol (or just a little more to account for losses in the blender), which makes ½ cup powdered erythritol.
*** I use pumpkin spice from brand, Simply Organic
Storage: Bread stores for two weeks in an airtight sealed container in the fridge.